Watch this journal for pictures that make me happy from my everyday life, proof of my commitment to a healthier and happier life, plus pictures and links to recipes that are food-allergy safe.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Dessert For Dinner Tonight

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

This is the fruit crisp recipe from:



It was delicious. I topped it with some Organic 365 Vanilla ice cream - the only vanilla ice cream that hasn't given me the "soy reaction". You know, anytime a product lists "natural flavorings" or something of that sort, it is a crapshoot if I will get sick or not.

Apple Crisp:
4 cups of sliced apples. I sliced mine very thin left the skins on. I used four small Granny Smith apples. It probably didn't total 4 cups.
1/2 cup oat flour. I bought this at the organic store in town, and it took me a long time to find it.
1/2 cup brown sugar. I use the Splenda brown sugar blend. Note that Splenda has maltodexetrin in it, but I have never, ever had a reaction from it and I have Splenda a LOT.
1/4 cup softened butter, margarine, or shortening. Butter for me, since the others are soy central.
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup rolled oats. I use regular old Quaker oats, even though I have read that they could be contaminated.

Layer the fruit on bottom and top with the mixture of the other ingredients, which you've mixed thoroughly with your fingers.

Cook 30-40 minutes.

It was delicious.

No comments: