Watch this journal for pictures that make me happy from my everyday life, proof of my commitment to a healthier and happier life, plus pictures and links to recipes that are food-allergy safe.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Pink Silver Dollar Pancakes

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 1/4 Cup Gluten-Free Trader Joe's Pancake Mix
1 Egg, beaten (could replace with applesauce or 1/2 banana)
1/4 Cup 2 % Milk (could replace with water or alternate milk)
*I used raspberry sugar-free (calorie-free) baking syrup in the mix instead of oil, which shaved about 30 calories off each serving. I eyeballed the amount, until the mixture was the consistency I wanted.

Silver dollar pancakes are about a tablespoon of batter each. The amounts listed above will make 5 equal sized servings.

Figuring that you will use four tablespoons of canola oil to cook the entire batch, like I did, plus 1/2 tablespoon of butter and 1/4 cup of lite syrup to top your serving, these are 277 calories per serving.

No comments: