Watch this journal for pictures that make me happy from my everyday life, proof of my commitment to a healthier and happier life, plus pictures and links to recipes that are food-allergy safe.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

The weekend.

This was a pretty decent weekend. I am at work right now, but I am having an OK day working so I have no real complaints.

I will mention here, not for pity but just for the sake of being completely honest, that my seizures have come back. I still believe completely that my gluten-free diet has done a lot for my epilepsy control, but it appears that my body is just not ready to give up the meds yet.

Oddly enough, that other night, Clementine was out of her cage and sitting on my chest. Her claws barely scratched me, as she is exceedingly gentle with her Mommy (who she loves terribly!), but I got hives on my chest anyway. I know this is from whatever molecules of sunflower seed powder were on her claws got into the scratches. Then after, I cleaned out her cage (it was overdue) and when I was dumping the gravel and seeds into the trash can, I inhaled the dust that came up into my face and almost immediately began wheezing. It was not pleasant. Almost right after that, I had a seizure... and have continued having seizures since then, one or two a day. They are very, very, very mild seizures. I debated not telling anyone, but then I realized that keeping secrets about my health is NOT a step in the right direction, it is several steps backwards. Heck, I even told my MOTHER about it... and she is such a worrywort that I usually keep her in the dark.

Now, for the weekend: on Friday I did chores all day. It felt good to get stuff done. That night we went to bed early and on Saturday I woke up first, showered, played on the Wii Fit, and then finally woke Mike up at 12:30 and told him "this is not waking up early, lazy bones". We got Starbucks on the way to Charlotte, which always makes me a happy girl. Then we went to IKEA. It was packed and we had to park in the street and hike through the parking lot to get there, but that's okay. We ended up getting a dish drying rack for the kitchen, a shelf and rack for towels for the bathroom, and a comforter for the twin bed that we are buying for the guest room this week. Then we went to Trader Joe's and got me every delicious treat imaginable.

So, yeah, I'm a pretty happy girl.

Also, reading Neil Gaiman's "Fragile Things", which is a book of short stories that I stole off Mike's book shelf.

Comment, people, keep me entertained.

No comments: