Watch this journal for pictures that make me happy from my everyday life, proof of my commitment to a healthier and happier life, plus pictures and links to recipes that are food-allergy safe.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Doctor's Appointment

I went to the doctor today. It's been a really long time since I have gotten to sit down and talk to a doctor about the things that plague me. Maybe it sounds stupid, but I have felt the last few years as though I haven't earned the right to fix what ails me. Like I don't deserve health like people who never fell in the pit do.

I won't let myself feel that way anymore. From now on, I am keeping up with my yearly appointments... be it pap smears, neurologist check-ups, etc. I am even going to schedule a dentist appointment once I am back on my feet money-wise.

Anyway, I had a few things to talk to my doctor about:

#1 -- I hadn't had a "female" exam in three years. I haven't been on any birth control, and that needed to be remedied. Result: Pap smear done, and with my next period I will begin on birth control again. This isn't just for mindless sex (ha, ha) but it is just good for an adult female to be on the pill. It has a lot of other benefits. My period is HORRIBLE so I am looking forward to the next one (after the one coming up) being much, much better.

#2 -- My allergies have been very bad. I have been waking up in the morning with blood-red eyes and wheeziness, on top of other symptoms. She got me Singulair for that and said to switch from OTC Claritin to Zyrtec.

#3 -- I talked to her about my asthma. It has been getting bad when I work out. I have been scared to talk about it, because it feels like an excuse or like something I "can't prove". Since I said is happening frequently she gave me a daily inhaler AND a rescue inhaler. Sweet.

#4 -- I talked about my constant urination. She checked my bladder and said it was fine, so she is taking me in for more testing. Also, they are going to take care of my blood tests for my neurologists. I thought that was so nice of them! Yay! I am going back next Friday after a fast, and then coming back for a follow-up appointment after the tests. I think she didn't want to worry me, but she listed some serious things it could be and said she wants to rule them out.

So, that's that's that.

No comments: