Watch this journal for pictures that make me happy from my everyday life, proof of my commitment to a healthier and happier life, plus pictures and links to recipes that are food-allergy safe.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Banana Bread Recipe

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups oat flour
1/2 cup Splenda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1.4 teaspoon salt
3 mashed bananas
1/2 cup softened butter
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
6 tablespoons milk

Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mash in the bananas in and the butter (swiping a fingerful of butter to grease the loaf pan with). Add the vinegar and milk.

Spread into loaf pan and cook in a pre-heated oven (350) for about 40 minutes.

This makes about 10-12 slices and the entire loaf is 1731 calories. This is, of course, figuring zero calorie Splenda -- if you use sugar (which would work out fine), you'll have to add in the calories for that if you're counting.

I had one serving and very responsibly (patting myself on the back a little, haha) divided them up into single servings - 173 calories a slice. I also added in an ounce of cream cheese to a bunch of them, which is 90 calories.

No, it's not a diet-diet option, but gosh it is delicious and totally worth it - as long as I count it into my daily total!

No comments: